How can we help?
Withdrawal process & timeframes
How do I make a withdrawal from my Stake AUS balance?
You can withdraw your available funds from Stake at any time.
Only settled cash can be withdrawn. This means any unsettled deposits, transfers or additional funds from sell orders will need to be cleared before a withdrawal is possible.
- Head to your portfolio dashboard and tap Buying power > Withdraw funds – or if you’re on the web, select the Wallet icon > Withdraw funds
- Enter the withdrawal amount and select the receiving bank account
- To add a new or different receiving account, select ‘Edit account’ and follow the prompts (please note, the name on the receiving account must match the name of the Stake account owner)
- You’ll receive an estimated summary of your withdrawal request
- Verify the withdrawal with a PIN sent to your mobile number or authenticator app
- Confirm your withdrawal request
Successful withdrawals from your Stake AUS account to your external nominated bank account should typically settle within 1-2 business days.
How do I make a withdrawal from my Stake Wall St balance?
You can withdraw your available funds from Stake at any time. Like any other transaction, all applicable fees will be provided to you before you confirm your withdrawal. The minimum withdrawal amount is US$10.
Funds can only be withdrawn to your Australian bank account, which must also be in your name. You'll need to provide your BSB and Account Number before making your first withdrawal.
Please allow 1-2 business days for your USD withdrawal to arrive in your Australian bank account. If you have queries on your withdrawal status after four business days, please reach out to the Stake support team here.
Things to consider
- You must enter the correct bank account details to ensure your withdrawal gets processed correctly and without delay. If you think you've entered incorrect details, please reach out to the Stake support team here.
- All withdrawals must be in AUD; Stake does not support USD withdrawals.
- Please ensure that the name on the nominated account for the withdrawal matches your Stake account. We are unable to process withdrawals to third-party accounts.
- To ensure the security of your funds, we have extra verification methods in place on withdrawals and may contact you or request extra information. These checks are to ensure that your withdrawal details are correct and to prevent any fraud attempts on your account.
- Stake is not liable for monetary loss resulting from incorrect information being entered in the withdrawal process (as per our Terms & Conditions). If money is credited to the wrong account, we cannot guarantee its recovery.
- The time taken for funds to arrive in your account is outside of Stake's control. It is also dependent on payment partners and the incoming bank as well. Stake provides an expected range for funds landing to manage expectations around the factors influencing payment processing. For various reasons (such as banking partners involved, withdrawal verification checks, legal regulations), Stake makes no guarantees for the timing of receipt of funds. Stake recommends factoring in possible delays when withdrawing your funds to avoid any inconvenience.
Did you find this helpful?