Senior Product Manager (Sydney)
We are reinventing wealth management for the new generation and from day 1 you will have a significant impact changing the way the world accesses opportunity. We’ve started with stock brokerage and will continue on our path to deliver more to self-starters around the world.
Stake is looking for a hungry and ambitious Senior Product Manager to own the end to end delivery of Stake’s offering. We have very high expectations of all staff and you should not read on if you are not up for a challenge.
We have amazing and talented staff within our team, from tech, operations and marketing units and have built the product and systems from fostering strong relationships with our customers and iterating based on their feedback. We need a product manager to be the customer advocate internally and continue on this journey, but with 100% focus on what is being delivered by Stake.
Our growth is accelerating exponentially and it’s just the beginning. Stake will continue to grow and provide an exceptional customer experience by optimising every part of our business. You will be a major part of ensuring we continue to provide the best way for people outside the US to move into the world’s largest share market. We have a scalable product servicing customers from Australia, UK, NZ and soon in Brazil and across Europe. The world is literally there for the taking.
We’re looking for a reasonably experienced product manager who has worked closely on managing the delivery of B2C products before. This role reports to our CPO but will have significant interaction with all stakeholders (customers, partners, CEO and regulators etc).
The remuneration package is AUD130-150K based on experience, plus meaningful equity.
Your job is to understand the customers needs, the requirements of the business and various stakeholders and prioritise the product roadmap. From here, you will be responsible for scoping the project, including involvement across all business functions, timelines, deliverables and then managing the process to ensure it’s delivery
The role requires:
- Someone with a track record of getting it done. Delivery over talk.
- A desire to understand and listen to customers needs (both external and internal customers)
- Tenacious attention to detail
- A want to build a great brand that permeates all parts of the business and product
- A desire to build well designed and intuitive products
- Reasonable technical knowledge (for example, the ability to read and understand API docs)
- Strong organisational skills – you will be managing workflows and requests
- A deep understanding of workplace tools (JIRA, Trello etc…) and an ability to ensure that the organisation uses them effectively.
- An ability to tell people to f-off. Yes. We will hire a Product Manager that says it straight and gets stuff done.
You’ll need all this because this is what you will be doing:
- To start, learning the business, understanding our customers and using the product
- Managing priorities and having significant input into what we build and why.
- Understanding key aspects of improvement within our product, operations and processes – work with the CPO and key stakeholders to determine a solution
- Lead planning sessions and organising deliverables for the entire organisation from a product and delivery perspective.
- Running project and product planning and ensuring 100% clarity on what we build and hustling to get execution done
- Guiding the design and direction of the product by taking customer feedback and liaising with designers, marketing, technology and operations to deliver an elegant and scalable solution.
How to Apply:
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 2 line cover email and your CV (resume).