As a Backend/Full Stack Engineer you will help the team plan, design and deliver a scalable mobile/web application enabling Stake to scale globally across Asia, Europe and Latin-America. Our developers take ownership, work collaboratively and challenge each other to build best in class trading, payment and research solutions. You will build highly available and maintainable systems, and have your say in how to architect solutions to solve customer problems.
What you will be doing
- Developing across the entire product stack using technologies such as Java, Python, SQL/Postgres, and Angular/Ionic is desired
- Contributing to a high availability/security DevOps culture using technologies such as Puppet, CircleCI and NGINX in an AWS environment. Great opportunity to implement new CI/CD strategies for a multi region product.
- Freedom to implement suitable technology to solve particular challenges associated with global expansion. Prioritising speed to market without significant technical debt.
- Learn to manage software products in a fast growing business.
- Hands on problem solver: Financial markets are complex and require ingenuity to provide a great customer experience whilst maintaining accuracy, compliance and availability. You are a fast learner and understand how to make efficient technical choices given any business context.
- Backend: Experience with Java, Gradle, SQL/Postgres and building RESTful APIs. Understanding of running within a Linux environment and comfortable on the Linux command line.
- DevOps: Experience with one of AWS, GCP or Azure. Understanding of how modern web applications are structured.
- An interest in finance or the markets. Can be a curious interest or a lifelong passion.
- Experience working on multi-region products, especially preferential within the financial services sector.
- You have built end to end applications. You understand how a modern web service is constructed, and you have experience beyond maintaining existing code.
- You have experience with web security and you know best practices.
How to Apply:
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply directly using the form below.